This programme provides the opportunity to develop as a coach, manager, umpire, or volunteer through frequent workshops during the year. With expert facilitators running each session, you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge, ask questions, share stories, and create new and stronger networks with other like-minded individuals and the organisations that support you.
Long term consequences are extremely positive, as ideally this programme will become sustainable within your school or club, allowing a space for your community to connect on a frequent basis.
- Sport Volunteers
The programme will allow an opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge that will empower participants to better serve their players.
- Share conversations and stories and connect with others.
- Gain support from each other and strengthen the sporting community.
- Be recognized, valued, and supported by the organisations you work for.
- Increase communication and connection with the school, club, sports.
- Be inspired to role model school or clubs core values.
- Empower our volunteers to inspire their players
An Example of topics covered
- Building connections & how to connect with others.
- Pre-season, season and tournament planning for team managers and coaches.
- Team culture “The way we do things around here”.
- Leadership – coaching approach and team leadership.
- Modelling skills from Sport NZ “Good Sports” & “Balance is Better” frameworks.
- Running meetings.
- Injury prevention.
- Warm up and Cool downs.
- Teaching Games for Understanding (TGFU).
- Creating player buy in.
- Player welfare and wellbeing.
Each session is flexible and tailored to the group's needs.
To find out more about the Connecting Sport Volunteers Programme, please contact Sam Knight - Volunteer Programme Coordinator. Phone 027 508 5508 or complete the form below.