To create a sustainable school community run project that provides opportunities to allow parents/ caregivers/students to be empowered to deliver their best selves to the school community they serve. Through regular Breakfast meetings using in house local knowledge who have shown successful coaching, managing or umpiring models in our CHS community.
The programme will allow opportunity:
- For conversations, connections and strengthened community.
- To recognise and share success stories and knowledge in our hub of coaches, managers, and umpires in the school community.
- To value our volunteers.
- For increased communication between schools and volunteers.
- To be on a learning journey together to continue to develop young people through their school learning experience to be well prepared for life beyond school.
- To help our volunteers provide inspiring experiences ensuring they are contributing and have the knowledge that they have a huge impact and are so influential in helping fill our school students kete with a sense of purpose, direction, and confidence.
- To provide opportunity for the school community to gather regularly to share knowledge so they can be empowered to deliver their best selves to the students at school for them to thrive.
- To strengthen the lines of communication and support between volunteers and school to ensure successful experiences in sport now and beyond the school gates.
- To provide an opportunity for a sustainable and rewarding volunteering community at secondary school to ensure we have coaches, managers and umpires for the longevity.
This program is delivered each school term with participants undertaking a variety of games and play activities. The program content reflects a range of authentic and practical learning methods currently provided in local primary schools and includes support to participants developing leadership potential.
This program is designed so that students can explore their own values and perspectives around what it means to be active both physically, mentally/emotionally, and socially and links these concepts to practices within the wider community. It is important that the inquiry and integrated nature of this program is open for community exploration so that all participants, supported by their teachers and peers, can meet their potential.
To find out more about this programme, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.