The purpose of the New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4) is to provide New Zealand organisations with people who can manage effective teams when employed in first line management roles.
What and when
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
- Course begins: from March 2023
- Workshops: run for 10 weeks
- Venue: WILSS 178 Ruakura Rd, Hillcrest, Hamilton
- Cost: $150 + GST per person
Participants must be currently working in a paid or volunteer position within an organisation.
After completing the programme a front-line manager or team leader will be able to:
- Manage work flows in an operational context to achieve team objectives
- Assess against agreed criteria and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives
- Motivate and involve a team to achieve the team's objectives and contribute to the organisational objectives
- Communicate to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Manage relationships within a team to sustain a productive workplace environment
- Promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance for the organisation
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team
- Adapt leadership styles for effectiveness in different environments
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the organisation.
The programme provides
- Practical and relevant development which supports the organisation
- Tangible organisational benefits including increased capability, more volunteers, increased participation within a sector
- Recognised development linked to the qualification's framework
- On-the-job development with minimal disruption to normal work duties
- Achieving a significant organisational improvement project.
Who should enrol
First-line managers and others responsible for leading teams.
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business [with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management] [Level 5]
- New Zealand Diploma in Business [with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management] [Level 6]
To find out more about this programme, contact Alan Peary - Tertiary Programmes Manager. Phone 027 2329025 - email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.