The purpose of the New Zealand Certificate in Business – First Line Management (Level 4) is to provide New Zealand organisations with people who can manage effective teams when employed in first line management roles.
What and when
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
- Course begins: from March 2022
- Workshops: run for 10 weeks
- Venue: WILSS 178 Ruakura Rd, Hillcrest, Hamilton
- Cost: $150 + GST per person
Participants must be currently working in a paid or volunteer position within an organisation.
After completing the programme a front-line manager or team leader will be able to:
- Manage work flows in an operational context to achieve team objectives
- Assess against agreed criteria and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives
- Motivate and involve a team to achieve the team's objectives and contribute to the organisational objectives
- Communicate to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Manage relationships within a team to sustain a productive workplace environment
- Promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance for the organisation
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team
- Adapt leadership styles for effectiveness in different environments
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements fo the organisation.
The programme provides
- Practical and relevant development which supports the organisation
- Tangible organisational benefits including increased capability, more volunteers, increased participation within a sector
- Recognised development linked to the qualifications framework
- On-the-job development with minimal disruption to normal work duties
- Achieving a significant organisational improvement project.
Who should enrol
First-line managers and others responsible for leading teams.
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business [with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management] [Level 5]
- New Zealand Diploma in Business [with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management] [Level 6]
To find out more about this programme, contact Naomi Bates on 027 2329025 or by completing the form below.