Under the Ministry of Education Swimming Pool Water Quality Policy, “schools are required to have at least one person present, or readily accessible, when the pool is in operation, who holds Unit Standard 20046 in swimming pool water quality” (www.minedu.govt.nz)
Unit Standard 20046 (Version 5)
Monitor pool water quality and store pool water treatment chemicals. This is an introduction to pool operations and for swimming and pool operators. The course provides theory information on how to operate swimming and spa pools correctly and includes practical training on monitoring water quality.
What will I learn during the course?
- Compliance requirements for swimming & spa pools as outlined in NZS5826:2010 Pool Water Quality
- Understanding of the risks associated pool water quality and management processes
- Understanding of water quality requirements and corrective procedures
- How to test pool water quality
- Basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of pool treatment systems.
Who should attend?
This one-day course is a good introduction for all swimming and spa pool operators and will be of value to:
- Aquatic facility staff, Lifeguards, operational staff
- School caretakers, Volunteers, Principals, BOT members
- Maintenance staff of hotels, motels, gyms, retirement villages
- Pool equipment suppliers, installers, and advisors.
Participants must complete a workbook and also be observed attending to the pool at their school/club/business in regard to monitoring the water quality and the storage of chemicals.
Our next course will be held on 25 March 2022.
To find out more about this programme, contact email@example.com