To create a sustainable community led programme that introduces healthy cooking techniques, managing resources, and benefits of maintaining a healthy Hauora.
This will be achieved through:
- Drawing from community based local knowledge - Employment of a Creating Kai Facilitator (CKF).
- Increasing community understanding of where and how to find local support – places, agencies, and people.
- Educating programme participants (Kai Warriors) to build their knowledge base of food availability, cooking, making money go further and understanding Hauora and how it applies to enhance their lives.
- Creating a Kai Map which provides a guide to local food, utilities, and support services.
- Supplying take home recipe ideas for participants to grow their cooking knowledge.
- Establishing a welcoming environment which encourages Kai Warriors to network with their peers and community.
Contact WILSS to find out more about our Community Development programmes by completing the form below.