Designed for Year 13 students
It helps prepare students by taking a leadership in action approach within their own schools and communities. It provides a way to demonstrate pathways of leadership to younger leaders.
This unique leadership event invites up to 160 Year 13 students from secondary schools in and around the Waikato region. This event is held in the prestigious Academy of Performing Arts at the University of Waikato.
The purpose of HeadzUp is to provide leadership education based on the roles and responsibilities these leaders will experience this year.
‘HeadzUp’ has been designed with the key competencies from the New Zealand curriculum document providing opportunities for students to:
- Interact with the University of Waikato Hillary Scholars of similar age and engage with a panel of past head students
- Reflect on their personal leadership attributes and experiences and those of others
- Broaden and develop the skills to lead within their own unique support network
- To build effective relationships with others and develop a leadership support network by networking with leaders in similar roles from other schools
- Encourage a personal vision of leadership that encompasses the roles and responsibilities of being a leader within and beyond the school gates.
To find out more about this programme, contact Paula Dewar – School Programmes Manager. Phone 027 579 2680 or complete the form below.