Physical Activity Leaders is an adaptable programme which should be designed to suit the needs of the students. Being a PAL gives the students within the school an opportunity to be seen in a leadership role.
Some noticed benefits of running the Physical Activity Leaders programme include:
- Students developing personal leadership skills.
- Students have an opportunity to accept more responsibility, appreciation, and respect from teachers and students.
- Students gain a sense of satisfaction for helping the enjoyment of others while working towards a happier, healthier, more physically active life!
- Provides a great teaching and learning opportunity in leadership, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
Examples of PALs in action within schools:
- Running lunchtime games and activities.
- Being responsible for and involved in the planning of school community sports and recreation events.
- Running activity events to promote what PALs do.
- Setting up teacher versus student challenges.
- Creating a buddy up system with junior students.
The opportunities are limitless!